If you are trying to build a website, then you should know about the many options there are available online to do it. Compared to a few years ago, website building has become so prevalent with many different options that it is becoming difficult to distinguish between what is good and what is not. Especially for those people who are new to websites and the online business world, they don’t have enough information to know about which ones are better.
I have some good news for you though, dear reader. If you got on to this page because you were searching for reviews about GrooveFunnels and SquareSpace, then kudos to you. You are one of the better-informed people out there and you are on the right path to finding the best website builder for you. Squarespace is a business that has been around for ages and has built a loyal following around it. GrooveFunnels on the other hand is a newly built website but the names behind the creation of this tool are some of the more well-known ones in the digital marketing and SAAS industries.
Now, because you have come onto this page to get more information, I am not going to ramble on much longer. Below, I have gone through a lot of details about both of these website builders. I have used both of them myself so I will be giving you an in-depth look into how easy it to use, the features, and much more. Stay tuned at the end for my recommendation as well!
As a whole, GrooveFunnels is a tool that brings together everything that you need to run a digital marketing campaign/business. Its creator is the previous co-founder of another company, Kartra, Mike Filsaime. He is well-known in the digital marketing community which partly explains why the platform got such a massive response when it launched.
Using this tool you are able to do so many things in one system that you would usually need to spend on a few tools at least. This includes things like hosting webinars, creating an affiliate program, selling your own digital goods, and email autoresponders.
By combining all these tools together, they were able to create something that is very simple and easy to use. You don’t have to deal with multiple tools to work together and can just use this full system to run your whole campaign.
A closer look would show you that GrooveFunnels is a compilation of over 25 tools. If you were to take these tools and calculate the cost of using them together, you would find that GrooveFunnels is just so much cheaper. They are well on their way to success and have seen massive growth over the past year. Future projections show that they are set to become the top digital marketing platform by the year 2023. This would put them directly in line competing with the best such as Builderall, WordPress, and ClickFunnels.
From the time it started out, Squarespace has evolved over time to become what it is now. When compared to most websites out there, Squarespace seems to be the most complete and finished product available in the online marketing space. Here are a few things you can do with this tool:
- Build and design your website
- Start a blog
- Build landing pages and sales funnels
- Build an eCommerce store
These are just to name a few. There is so much more you can do with it because it has become so versatile. When you take into account how long they have been around (since 2003), you can see that they would have to been performing well to still be relevant and successful. Their statistics show that they have helped people create over 1 million websites since they started.
GrooveFunnels has a ton of features that are included with their full package. As an entrepreneur, you probably will not make use of all of them, but depending on your business, there is a lot that you can do. Here are some of their features:
- GroovePages – This is a part of the GrooveFunnels platform which is focused on website and page building. You can use the tool to choose templates to work off of, make all the necessary edits to the site, make sure the pages are SEO-friendly and you are good to go. They have put a lot of effort into making their premium templates look good, so you would only need to make some basic edits to get a fantastic looking website.
- GrooveMail – This is the email marketing and auto-responding tool that you can use for your business’s marketing campaigns. Email automation can really help with customer retention. You can also use this tool to create a sequence of emails to be sent out, build all your emailing lists, and much more.
- GrooveVideo – As a modern business owner, you will need to include videos into your digital marketing campaigns in order to make them successful. Usually, if you want to host your videos you would need to get a subscription to a video hosting site so that your videos load fast. With GrooveVideo you now have access to a hosting platform that comes with analytics, adding a CTA link to the video, and more.
- GrooveSell – This is the tool that will assist you if your business is selling digital products. With digital products, you only need a platform that allows you to showcase the product with all its features and then have a payment portal to make the payment for the product when purchasing. This tool comes with a funnel, checkout page variations, discounts, upsells, and more.
- GrooveAffiliate – There are certain types of businesses that would work well with an affiliate program. This tool exists to help those business owners to create a platform that they can use for their affiliate campaigns. It is a fully built dashboard where you are able to see all the details about your affiliate, the number of clicks, your commissions, and more. If you aren’t a business owner, you can still use this tool to be an affiliate for other programs.
Now, these are not all the tools that they offer when you sign up for their full package. There are other smaller tools such as those for webinar hosting, creating online quizzes, becoming a chat-support helpdesk system and so much more. Depending on what your business is, you can use all or some of these features and you can know that there is a lot that they have to offer to help your business.
When compared to GrooveFunnels, Squarespace does not have many different tools under the same umbrella. They do however use their whole system in a streamlined manner to help you out with your digital marketing activities. Here are some of their features:
- Website building – Most website builders these days use a system of drag-and-drop to build a website. This is because it is easy to use and master, even for newbies. Squarespace is no different and also uses the same system. With a little practice and time using the system, you will get the hang of it easily and can start building your website in your own way.
- Preset templates – If you are not someone who likes to create something from scratch, then Squarespace has got you covered with a huge library of templates that were previously made. You just need to go through them, select the one you like, and then make changes to it to fit your business and its branding. There is a lot of thought and process behind these templates so they will look amazing if you don’t tamper with them too much as a newbie.
- Email campaigns – Just like GrooveFunnels, Squarespace also comes with an email marketing feature. You can set up auto-responding and also conduct email sequences with this one. Both websites have this function done right.
- Blog websites – For those of you who are wanting to start a blog, then Squarespace has included features that are well-suited for blogs. These tools are quite powerful and can even get your website competing against others built on WordPress. Their tools consist of those that help with content uploading and management, one-click sharing buttons, setting schedules for posting, and more. Unlike WordPress, you don’t have to spend a lot of time meddling with the site and plugins to get it to run smoothly and to be SEO-optimized. Your sitemap will also be automatically generated for you so you don’t need to know a lot of the technical details.
- Host an E-commerce store – If you’re looking for an E-com intensive platform like Shopify, then Squarespace has got you covered. They have created the platform in such a way that creating and uploading your website has never been more simple. You have the options to upload any number of products you want, use different templates on the same website, create discount/gift cards, run promotions, and more.
- Check your stats – All the activity on your site can be tracked and it is all displayed on your analytics dashboard. Everything from traffic, sales and conversion rates to what content is ranking and which keywords are popular can be seen here. If you don’t know how to use Google Analytics and Search Console, then this is a decent enough substitute for those who are new to website management.
On top of these, there are other more general features of the site that will help you such as the option to use custom coding when building the site and even creating your business logo inside of Squarespace itself.
GrooveFunnels offers three different payment packages for you to choose from. For those who want to try out the platform before purchasing it, they also have a free account that you can use for as long as you want. You are given access to their system with no initial payment fee or trial fee and you don’t have to include your credit card details either which is something that most trial accounts will ask for.
When you get the free account, you are given limited access but still a decent amount of features:
GroovePages Lite – This is similar to the website builder mentioned above but it comes with less customizable themes and few options to choose from. For a beginner though, this is more than enough to build a simple website. There are even some free templates that look good.
GrooveSell – The tool that allows you to sell your own digital products
GrooveAffiliate – The tools to help you build your own affiliate program for your business
But it doesn’t end there. GrooveFunnels has gone all out at the beginning to bring new customers on board. With your free account, your website will receive a free SSL certificate as well as three-domain integrations to Amazon servers. You will be getting all of this before you even make a single payment on the site.
The other three packages go as follows:
GrooveFunnels Silver – $99 per month
GrooveFunnels Gold – $199 per month
GrooveFunnels Platinum – $299 per month
Unlike GrooveFunnels, Squarespace does not have a free account option with that many features. You will need to make the lowest monthly payment at least to continue using the platform. Their accounts go as follows:
Personal – $16 per month – All the basic features
Business – $26 per month – Includes all the pro features that they have to offer
E-Commerce – $30 per month – All the features for an E-commerce store
Commerce – $46 per month – Upgraded E-com features with abandoned cart recovery
Now, this is the pricing that you have to pay per month. Like with most subscriptions though, if you were to pay their annual charge then you can actually save some money in the long-run. According to their website, you will save up to 30% of your normal charge if you go with the annual option. They will even throw in a free custom domain integration if you go with the annual method.
You also have to keep in mind that some of the additional features will require you to purchase them before you can use them. Features such as email marketing and logo creating do not come with any of the packages and are an add-on.
To be fair, both of the platforms are fantastic. They have a lot to offer as a digital marketing tool and when it comes to website building, they are amongst the top few out there.
However, when it comes to the way that GrooveFunnels handles their package positioning and what they have to offer for the price you are paying, they have an edge over Squarespace.
Let me tell you why:
- You can get up to 3 custom domains integrated into any website with a FREE account on GrooveFunnels, whereas you need to pay for a full year to get it on Squarespace.
- When Squarespace is offering you the free domain if you pay for the year, you are still basically paying for the hosting upfront and it is mostly shown “free” as a marketing gimmick.
- There are hidden charges in GrooveFunnels like on Squarespace. The features like email marketing and logo creation, which are advertised on their ads, come as additional features that you have to pay for. Having hidden pricing like that is not a good feeling once you have paid for the software already.
All this is not to say that Squarespace is bad. They are really good too and do better than GrooveFunnels if you are trying to rank for SEO or if you want to start an Ecommerce business. However, for a beginner, my recommendation would be GrooveFunnels cause they offer so much value even when you haven’t paid them a dime.