As a new entrepreneur, you would have gone through all the options that you could find online that you can use to run your website and business. As you did this, you would have noticed that there are so many options available to you that it is difficult for you to choose one or even know which of them are good software and would be helpful for your business.
Online businesses have become so prevalent now because of how much easier it is to set up and run a business online. So due to this, there has been a massive influx of software that is aimed at helping you, a budding entrepreneur (or even a seasoned one), run your business better.
In this article, I am going to be comparing two different platforms that you can use to help run your business. Through your research, I am sure that you would have found both of these names because of how popular they are.
This will be an interesting comparison because one of them, GrooveFunnels, is a recent success and has not been around for longer than 2 years. The other, MailChimp, has been around for way longer and is a very well-known name in the digital marketing community.
If you would like to know more about both of these software, their features, and pricing, then keep reading below as I have detailed all that and more for your convenience.
GrooveFunnels is a tool that you can use to create and run your website as well as manage all of your online marketing activity through. This tool was created by GrooveDigital who are also behind the creation of another popular software, Karta. The CEO, Mike Filsaime, was the previous co-founder of Kartra and has now put his time and effort into building this comprehensive digital marketing platform.
It was first launched in late 2019 as a standalone tool called GroovePages, which is a website and landing page builder. But, when the tool started gaining a lot of popularity, the team decided to create the rest of the 10+ tools that come together to create the whole GrooveFunnels system. Since then, they have kept increasing in popularity and are set to become one of the leading software used by digital marketers by the year 2023.
What MailChimp is known for is its ability to help your business with email marketing. This is what they launched as, and it is what they became successful through. They will help you to manage your emailing lists, create automated email schedules, send email drip campaigns, and almost anything else that you can think of regarding email marketing.
They even provided their customers with pre-built templates and the ability to automate emails depending on a user’s interaction with the email chain, which is pretty awesome. This software was first launched all the way back in 2001. Since then it has become one of the best-known software for email marketing around. However, in keeping with the current trends, they have also started to offer other services to their customers.
These services include landing page creation, the use of forms, and you can even integrate both of these into a website that you can build on MailChimp itself. As it stands, they still focus mostly on email marketing, but they have a lot of other functionality that you can still use to run your website and marketing campaigns.
Now that you know that GrooveFunnels is an all-in-one digital marketing system, you may want to know what exactly they can offer for your business. They claim that they have over 20 tools that have been brought together and placed into one software. Therefore, to get these 20 functions done, you don’t have to keep switching between software and can just make it all work together from the same dashboard.
Here are a few of their tools available to you when you purchase the software:
- GroovePages – I mentioned earlier that this was the tool GrooveFunnels initially started with. This is also the tool that they have spent the most time on, and so frankly is their best tool of the whole lot. You are given beautiful premade award-winning templates that you can edit to create your website. You can even build one from scratch by utilizing their drag and drop method, which is easy to use even for someone who has never created a website before.
- GrooveMail – This is the tool that you can use to run all your email marketing campaigns. You can sort your mailing lists, sort your lists according to campaigns, set up automated emails, and run all your scheduled campaigns with ease.
- GrooveSell – Once you have used GroovePages to create your website, you will need a way to convert your website’s traffic into sales. This is where GrooveSell comes in. it will help you customize the checkout, set discounts, recurring payments, and more.
- GrooveVideo – This tool is available to help you manage and host all the videos that you would need for your website and online campaigns. Hosting them will allow the videos to load fast.
- GrooveAffiliate – If you can make use of an affiliate program with your business then this tool will be perfect for you. You can manage all your affiliates, check all your analytics, set commission rates, and so on. Even if you want to be a freelance affiliate, you can do that with this tool too.
- GrooveBlog – Just like WordPress, this is a tool that will help you to create and manage your blog content on the website.
- GrooveCalendar – This tool is meant solely for scheduling and notifying the appropriate people. You can schedule all your events, meetings, and calls and then use GrooveMail to send out an email to the relevant people.
- GrooveDesk – You can use this tool to create a helpdesk section for your website. It allows customers to create tickets, which your team will then respond to.
- GrooveMember – Does your site make use of subscriptions or memberships? This tool will allow you to convert your website into a site that has gated content hidden behind a paywall. Only the members who pay for your subscription will be able to enter.
- Compared to GrooveFunnels, MailChimp doesn’t have as many tools or features because it is not built with the same intention of being a full digital marketing tool in mind.
- Develop branded email campaigns that you can then A/B test to find the best versions
- See all of your analytics including how your customers interacted with each email, and then add tags to each of them based on this.
- Get top-notch customer support that is available 24/7. They have even won awards for how well this is done.
- Integrate it with many other software out there for additional functionality
- Make use of their templates, photo studio, and their library of images for your emails.
- A landing page and website creation tool that you can use to build your website
There are 3 pricing options that are available to you when you purchase a GrooveFunnels account. They are:
- Silver – $99 per month – You get GrooveMail, GrooveMember, GrooveVideo, and GroovePages
- Gold – $199 per month – You get the above plus GrooveCalendar, GrooveDesk, and GrooveBlog
- Platinum – $299 per month – You get all their tools which include GrooveWebinar (host and automate webinars), GrooveQuiz and GrooveSurvey (create and host quizzes and surveys on your website for better engagement), GroovePages for Shopify (a plugin to use the GroovePages tool on the Shopify platform)
Now, if you are on the fence about GrooveFunnels, then you need to know about their free account. Unlike most other software companies, the free account can be gained without having to sign up for a free trial, without inputting your credit card details, and you can keep the account for as long as you want.
In my time, I have not come across many software that provides this much value to you as a business, for a free account. Here is what you will get by just signing up for their free account:
- A free SSL certificate for your website
- Custom domain integration to their amazon servers for up to 3 websites – this is free hosting!
- Access to GroovePages Lite – This is the tool without the award-winning templates. You can still use the full tool to create your website from scratch though.
- Access to GrooveSell – You will get full access to this tool with no limits.
- Access to GrooveAffiliate – This tool is also given for free. If you are an individual, you can use this tool to generate some money by becoming an affiliate on their site.
MailChimp has quite a few payment options for you to choose from.
- The free version – With this, you will get the ability to have up to 2000 contacts on your list and you can still use their forms and landing pages to build your campaign. However, you can only build one audience and you will not be able to have your own custom domain.
- The Essentials plan – $9.99 per month – You will get up to 50,000 contacts, build three different audiences, you can do A/B tests, 24/7 support, and remove branding from your email campaigns.
- The Standard plan – $14.99 per month – You will get up to 100,000 contacts, build five audiences, create dynamic content between them, get customized templates, find the best times to send emails, and much more.
- The Premium plan – $299/month – This is their best package and you will get up to 200,000 contacts. You will also get all of their features plus some extra ones such as testing on different variables, over the phone support, and so on.
- The ‘Pay as you go’ plan – Here your monthly pricing will change depending on the number of contacts that you have. You can choose one of the above plans, get those features and then get the cost changed based on the number of contacts that you have.
So, now that you know all this information, which one of these are you going to choose? Well, from my point of view, they are both excellent software, but ultimately they serve different purposes depending on what type of business you’re running.
If your main plan is to run a small website but want to do a lot of email marketing, then the most obvious choice would be to go with MailChimp. However, if you are planning on running a sustainable website with a lot more options, while also having more options for marketing campaigns, you would have to go with GrooveFunnels.
In the end, the final choice will depend on you and what you want to do with your business online.