When you become an entrepreneur, you are brought into the world of websites and online content management systems. These have become staples of running a business over the past decade. Website building in and of itself has become a much simpler task than how it used to be.
Now, with a little bit of effort and time, you can create a beautiful website with all the necessary options by yourself. There is no need to spend money to get someone else to do the website for you. You don’t even need to know the technical details to do it, that is how easy it has become. And the reason for this is the rise of software such as Teachable and GrooveFunnels.
There are so many options available to you right now that it has not become a case of how to create a website, but where to do it. Therefore, when you are going to make a decision, you need all the information you can get about the best software available. In your search for this, I am sure that you have come across these names multiple times and that is why you are looking for more information.
These are highly popular platforms that are used by so many other people. In this article, I will be going through all the features, prices, and anything else about these two systems that you would need to know before you purchase one of them. If you are here for more information, then read through to the end because I think it can really help you.
GrooveFunnels is what you would call a fully optimized digital marketing tool. It has all the features and tools at the ready to tackle everything to do with your website and online marketing methods.
With this software, you are able to build your sales pipeline, sell your digital products, do email campaigns, create beautiful landing pages and websites, and so much more.
This software does not come from some unknown creator. The previous co-founder of another popular software, Kartra, was Mike Filsaime. This is the same man who is behind this software as well. Therefore, you can be assured that is not some scam software out there to take your money and not offer a good service.
It was first launched in 2019 as GroovePages. This was only their landing page and website builder. Once the GrooveDigital (this is what the GrooveFunnels team is called) team saw the success and popularity of the software, they decided to create more tools that will complement each other and create an all-in-one solution for entrepreneurs out there. The software has taken off since then and is set to be one of the top choices for digital marketers in the year 2023.
Unlike GrooveFunnels, Teachable is not a general digital marketing tool. It is focused on doing one particular service – being an online course selling platform.
This is the type of website where you can create a whole course based on the selected subject matter, upload all your content and your training videos, lock it behind a payment gateway and then promote the courses to interested buyers.
This is a very particular type of service that can be quite complex to create a website on your own. You will need to know some technical knowledge and have experience in creating a website like this in order to create one that has the potential to convert.
However, with Teachable, you don’t need all of this. They have pre-made templates and themes for websites that are meant for this service. So they have all been optimized to showcase your content in the best way, taking advantage of the best layouts to improve conversions. All you need to do is to purchase a domain name and then integrate it into one of the existing templates. Then with a few adjustments to the website to fit your brand, you will get a beautiful looking website at the end.
In this case, Teachable wouldn’t be classified as a website builder but rather a content management system where you keep all of your content as storage on the platform. You do have the option to create or design your own landing pages, but overall the platform is made for the purpose of selling online courses alone.
This software doesn’t have room to sell physical products though. It is only meant for digital goods, as there is a big difference between how an e-com website and a course selling website operates.
For the average entrepreneur, GrooveFunnels offers a ton of features with their software. They have 26 different tools in their arsenal that you are able to use once you sign up for their premium package. This means that you would be saving on having to spend on these 26 tools individually.
Here are a few of those tools:
- GroovePages – As I mentioned earlier, this is the tool that they provide to build your landing pages and website. You can do it from scratch or you can use one of their awarded templates to base your site off of. It comes with a drag and drop builder which most website creation tools will use because of how easy and simple it is to master.
- GrooveAffiliate – For those businesses that want to start their own affiliate program, they can do so with this tool. You can manage everything to do with the program such as the members, the commission rates, the payment, and refund dates, as well as see all the analytics for you and your team on the same dashboard.
- GrooveSell – Digital products are easier to sell than physical goods. The product will be given to the customer from the moment of purchase, so there is no need to get involved in between. This is made even simpler with the use of this tool. You have the freedom to give the customers discounts and coupons, see all of your analytics, set up cart abandoned emails, customize your own checkout pages, and more.
- GrooveMail – This is the email auto-responding tool that is needed by any business operating today. Email marketing is a staple form of marketing that should be used by all businesses. You can set up email forwards, schedule campaigns, get the software to reply back to emails, etc. You just need to capture the emails through your website and other means and then feed them into the software to run its course.
- GrooveMember – If you are running a website that is dependent on monthly subscriptions or if there are different levels of memberships, then this tool will be perfect for you. You have the ability to set up different price points for access to different content, creating a monthly payment structure, manage all your members, and so on.
These are just a few of their software. With their full package, you are even able to host your own webinars, upload to your own video hosting platform, become a website that handles helpdesk inquiries, and the like.
There is a lot that GrooveFunnels covers and it is big enough to include a lot of different business models. It will provide you the tools to operate in any way that you want, or even try different marketing methods to see what works. Even with course selling, you are able to create your own website using one of their themes, set up your email marketing for the courses, be able to charge monthly access payments from your customers, and almost everything else that Teachable can do.
Here we will be looking at what features that Teachable offers solely for online course selling purposes:
- An intuitive site to use – They have put a lot of effort into making the process as simple for you as possible. The site is designed and optimized for course selling so you will find many options available such as easy uploading to the site – you can just take any pdf, document, or video and upload it on to your site as an attachment. It is just as simple as uploading the video to Dropbox. You don’t need to know technical knowledge to get the whole training to sync up and flow in the correct order because it will automatically be done based on the site structure you selected. Everything can be done easily once you have spent some time on the software and understand how it works.
- See your data – It is important that you see all the data that comes from your site so that you know what areas are popular, what is helping you convert, and where you need to improve. On the platform, you will be able to see which content pieces people are mostly interacting with, which videos get the most engagement, what your quiz and survey answers are, and so much more. In this way, you are able to optimize in the best way for conversions.
- The ability to get constructive feedback – This is a great feature to have for this kind of website. You are able to use in-house email software to keep in touch with your students and the people who purchase your content. They will be able to ask you questions and give you feedback about the courses through this. If not, you would have needed to get another system or email software so as to do the same service.
- Help with your marketing – Once you have created your website quickly, you would also want to start selling your courses quickly. You don’t want to build it, only to not have any traffic come through the site. Teachable has its own feed where they put out information and highlight new courses. However, they only select the best and you can’t hedge your success on that. Therefore, they have various tools to help you market your courses. You are able to add coupon codes, set up a time restrictive offer, give various promotions, and so on.
This platform is only meant for those who want to sell their courses. Any other entrepreneur will need to find another software to use such as GrooveFunnels which will offer you way more options than this one. This is the biggest difference between the two software and why they are targeting different people. The Teachable software has its own specific demographic of people who would be interested in the software and it would be the best one available for them for that purpose.
GrooveFunnels has three different payment options that you can choose from. But for those who are looking to try the system first before making a payment, they have a free account just for you. Unlike most other software, they will offer you a lot of value for the free account. You can even join the system without having to make an initial payment and with no need to enter your credit card details. You only need to create an account on GrooveFunnels and that is all the information you need. With the free account, this is what you will get:
- GroovePages Lite – This is the tool used for website and landing page building. You will get access to this tool but with very limited options and templates at your disposal. For newbies though, this will definitely be enough to create a simple website and learn how the system works. You will still get some free templates that you can base your website on.
- GrooveSell – Sell any digital products that you want through this tool. Full access to this tool will be given to you with the free account. If you already have your training videos and other content created, then you only need to spend some time creating the website, and you can use this tool, for free, to start selling your courses on the internet.
- GrooveAffiliate – Create an affiliate program for your course website through this feature. Again, you will be given full access to this tool and you can use it to either create your own program or if you are an individual, you can use it to run other businesses’ affiliate programs for them. You can use this free account to make some money for yourself before you actually start running the website.
These are just the tools that you will get with the free account. However, you will also get a free SSL certificate done for your website. This you will usually need to pay for to renew for a year. You will also get domain integration to high-speed Amazon servers which is the same as getting your website hosted for free. Just keep in mind that you’re getting all of this value before you even make a single payment on the site.
In terms of pricing, their other three packages go as follows:
- GrooveFunnels Silver – $99 per month – You will get GrooveMail (email autoresponder), GrooveMember (Membership site creator), GrooveVideo (host all your videos in one place), and GroovePages will be upgraded to the full package.
- GrooveFunnels Gold – $199 per month – You will get the above plus GrooveBlog (manage your own blogs), GrooveDesk (create a helpdesk service), GrooveQuiz, and GrooveSurveys (create your own surveys and quizzes),
- GrooveFunnels Platinum – $299 per month – This is the premium package and it comes with everything including GrooveWebinar (run or host your own webinars) and GroovePages for Shopify (which is add-on software for Shopify where you can get the GroovePages builder incorporated into Shopify to use there).
Like GrooveFunnels, Teachable also has three different pricing options:
- The Basic pricing – $33 per month – You can get an infinite number of students on to your course, get access to a payment system and the ability to create a members-only section. There will also be a 5% fee from every transaction from a course sale that you make.
- The Pro pricing – $119 per month – With this, you can get rid of the 5% transaction fee. You will be able to add 5 administrators to manage your account, be able to give graded quizzes to students, and remove the Teachable branding from the site. You will also be able to create and hand out certificates to the students that you choose.
- The Business pricing – $299 per month – This is their most premium package and is meant more for big businesses and agency use. You can have up to 20 different administrators on the site and you can now give each of them different roles and access.
They also offer the option for you to make your payments annually rather than monthly. This will bring your prices down by a certain amount ($29/month for Basic, $99/month for Pro, and $249/month for Business). If you are looking at using this software in the long term and have the funds for it, the best option would be to go for the yearly payment.
If you are just looking to get started with the one course that you have and don’t really care about whether or not Teachable shows their branding on your site, then going for the basic package is the easiest thing you can do to get started quickly. I wouldn’t recommend going above the Pro pricing for individuals or small businesses as it is just not worth the price for what you are getting.
If you want to try the system out for free, then there is a free 14-day trial for you too. Like GrooveFunnels, you don’t need to enter any of your details beforehand.
There is a clear-cut difference between the two software. Teachable is meant for those who want to sell their courses to others on the internet, on a platform that is meant solely for that reason.
GrooveFunnels is the software for anyone who wants to run any other business/website that they want. It is even flexible enough to run a course selling website on but without the same intuitive options for course selling as Teachable.
My recommendation is to go with whichever software works best for you. They are both very good and I have no problems with either. It will really depend on what business you are trying to run.