Top 13 Best Shopify Upsell Apps to Increase Sales and Profits (2021)
Find out Top 13 Best Shopify Upsell Apps to Increase Sales and Profits Below!
Table Of Contents
- 1. Personalizer by Limespot
- 2. Smart Search and Instant Search
- 3. In-cart upsell
- 4. Upsell X
- 5. Cross-Sell Recommended Products
- 6. Frequently Bought Together
- 7. Pop Upsell
- 8. Bold Brain
- 9. Discounted Upsells
- 10. Also Bought Recommendations
- 11. SMART Bundle Upsell
- 12. Ultimate Special Offers
- 13. Bold Upsell
If you’ve bought an item online or even in a fast food outlet, chances are you’ve been upsold before. What is upselling? Have you ever been suggested a list of other ‘relevant’ items at checkout while online shopping? Upselling is a method that suggests other related products that you never thought you needed or wanted. As someone who’s been a ‘victim’ of this method, I can guarantee that this method works to get your products going. Today, we will take a look at the top Shopify Applications for upselling that you can integrate into your store to increase profits.
1. Personalizer by Limespot
The Personalizer app is excellent as it allows you to freely customize your layout so that it’s nicely integrated to suit the theme of your store. Another great thing is that you only have to start paying for the app if your sales are five times more than the amount of the monthly cost for the app. This means that the app is free to use until your revenue hits $50 a month. The most expensive plan can go up to $115 monthly. If you’re a number’s person, this app is the one for you as it gives you various data that you can analyze and get key insights to make critical business decisions.
Features and benefits of Personalizer
- Unique features for upselling and cross-selling.
- Automatically display trending products based on your store’s trends.
- Get real-time analytics so that you can play around to boost conversion rates.
- Easily compare revenue generated by the app against your total income.
2. Smart Search and Instant Search
This app is free to use but with limited features unless you subscribe to the more expensive plans. However, it comes with a 14-day free trial of the more expensive versions for you to test if you need the upgraded version. Larger companies such as Phillips and Sennheiser uses this app as you can get a rundown on what your customers are searching, clicking, and buying. It also has a spell out feature in the search terms for customers who have trouble looking for their products.
Features and benefits of Smart Search and Instant Search
- Friendly user interface and optimized function for mobile devices.
- Upsell and cross-sells are segmented on product categories and types.
- Upsells and Cross-sell are also used to make offers for a personalized shopping experience strategically.
- Customize the widget to make it appear anywhere on your site.
- Get real-time analytics to make smart business decisions based on the collected data.
3. In-cart upsell
If you hate being prompted by pop-ups while you shop? Then chances are your consumers will hate it too. With In-cart, your customers will only be prompted with suggested items once they’ve completed their transactions. Because of this, its one of the most highly recommended apps for Shopify store owners. In-cart uses Artificial Intelligence to upsell to your customers strategically. The app is free to use but also comes with a paid plan that is #39 a month.
Features and Benefits of In-cart
- The in-app analytics tool allows you to get real-time data on your store.
- Customers get personalized offers by advanced targeting, which considers their location and item quantity in their cart.
- You can create several test versions of offers that will appear on your store, and the best performing version will automatically be displayed.
- The pop-up free app that doesn’t annoy your customers.
- Autosuggest recommends products that your customer might buy next.
- You also get built-in tutorials to help set up your app fast.
4. Upsell X
This app comes with two options, and you can choose it depending on the volume of your store. The free version only allows up to 10 upsells per month, whereas the unlimited plan is $29.99 per month. Generate pre checkout offers that prompt your customers when they checkout to maximize their orders.
Features and benefits of Upsell X
- Up to five products to upsell.
- Get analytics data to track your sales.
- Automatically apply discounts when upsell offers are accepted.
- Upsell products based on customer’s cart.
- You can set offers to appear at the right time so that it doesn’t annoy customers.
- Free upsells for new drop shippers to save money when starting.
5. Cross-Sell Recommended Products
Cross-Sell offers a 10-day free trial for you to test out if it’s suitable for you, and if you like it, you can subscribe at $19.99 per month. This app is most ideal for retailers who have similar products for sale. What’s great is that it can help to elevate the Average Order Value and profits subsequently as you can handpick the related products. This will encourage buyers to add more items to their cart.
Features and Benefits of Cross-Sell
- Fast and straightforward installation.
- Freely customize widgets according to your store’s theme.
- You have the option to enable pop-ups each time a buyer adds an item to their cart.
- Cross-sells displayed on cart and product pages.
6. Frequently Bought Together
If you’re familiar with Amazon, then you’ll notice similarities between this app and Amazon’s upsell sections. It comes with a 3-day trial, and it costs $6.99 a month subsequently if you decide to sign up. The app works best for retailers who have a large volume of sales as it analyses this data and recommends products based on this information.
Features and Benefits of Frequently Bought Together
- Personalize the widget to fit your theme.
- You can set the number of products you want to display.
- You can entice your customers by displaying discounts.
- You can also personalize the recommended products yourself, although the app also has its recommendations.
7. Pop Upsell
This app might be quite annoying to some buyers, but it also works in some cases. As the name suggests, the widget will pop-up and prompt buyers as they’re leaving the site. This app is free, so its great for beginners who are starting and want to save on their costs. You can also use it as a learning curve before subscribing to other, more expensive apps that have more analytics for you to use.
Features and Benefits of Pop Upsell
- It can be used on mobile devices.
- You can customize the pop-ups to appear at any point you like.
- Create vouchers for limited offers and special promotions.
- Offer freebies during checkout.
- Save emails from visitors who subscribed for newsletters.
- All-day live chat support.
8. Bold Brain
Bold Brain is an intelligent app that uses artificial intelligence to study your store’s trends and come up with offers for your customers. This is great as you will also know how your store is doing based on its analytics. Bold Brain comes with free and paid packages. But you can also have a 14-day free trial to test out before committing a subscription. The paid packages are unique as they are based on the number of traffic or views that your store gets. You also get to upgrade or downgrade the plan based on your store’s traffic.
The plans are as below
- <200 views – $9.99 a month
- <1,000 views – $19.99 a month
- <2,000 views – $39.99 a month
- <5,000 views – $59.99 a month
- Unlimited – $89.99 a month
Features and Benefits of Bold Brain
- Get analytics on how your store is doing as it analyses your store’s data and gives you insights in real-time. You can find out which are the frequently bought products and learn your customer’s purchasing behaviors. With this data, you can curate discounts and offers to attract more sales.
- Once you learn about your customer’s purchasing behaviors, you can create targeted email campaigns. If you offer products that suit the customer’s likings, they’re more likely to purchase them.
- The recommendations widget is very flexible, and you can implement offers at any point that you like.
- It can be used with other apps such as Yotpo, Bold Upsell, and Bold subscription.
9. Discounted Upsells
Discounted Upsells is easy to install as it doesn’t require any coding. It’s simple to use as you can curate upsells or Cross-sells according to your liking with just several clicks. Discounted Upsells is free if your Shopify is still using a trial plan. Subsequently, you can sign up for three different payment plans below.
- $19.99 per month for the Basic Plan.
- $29.99 per month for Professional Plan.
- $44.99 per month for Advanced Plan.
Features and Benefits of Discounted Upsells
- The app recommends the best products to your customers.
10. Also Bought Recommendations
Bought Recommendations is also similar to the Amazon upsell section. It’s also one of the more popular Upsell apps used with the Shopify App Store. It comes with a 30-day free trial, and subsequently, it’s $6.00 per month for a subscription. The app allows buyers to add multiple items to their cart easily with just a few clicks. It also comes with analytics by analyzing your store’s data and recommending the best offers to your buyers. What’s great is that it allows you to automate things once you’ve got the hang of things.
Features and Benefits of Also Bought Recommendations
- Personalize the widget to display anywhere you want, so it looks beautiful on your store.
- You can choose the products you decide to upsell.
- You can set the number of products you want to recommend.
- You can prompt buyers to check out each time after they add products to their cart.
11. SMART Bundle Upsell
Bundles are a great pricing strategy to get a few products sold at a time. If you’re a fan of this pricing strategy, then SMART Bundle Upsell is the one for you. It comes with a 6-day free trial, and subsequently, its $47 a month to subscribe. Bundles work best with stores that sell a particular niche. For example, cosmetics or fashion items usually benefit from bundles. It also makes your customers feel rewarded, increasing their loyalty and customer engagement.
Features and Benefits of SMART Bundle Upsell
- Handpick products that you want to bundle.
- Discounts can be automated once a customer meets the criteria.
- Upsell and Cross-sell offers are recommended based on the buyer’s cart.
12. Ultimate Special Offers
Ultimate Special Offers is one of the most widely used apps for Shopify retailers as you can give a bunch of offers to your customers. Customers love suggestions, so you definitely can’t go wrong with this app. It comes with a 10-day free trial and, subsequently, it’s $19 a month subscription. This app is great for retailers who have a large inventory in their store and can afford to offer bundles.
Features and Benefits of Ultimate Special Offers
- Offer discounts to customers when they purchase multiple items of a particular product.
- Curate bundles that customers can purchase at lower prices.
13. Bold Upsell
Bold Upsell can be used together with Bold Discount, and you can offer upsells at discounted prices. It comes with a 14-day free trial, and then it’s $9.99 per month. Since the app isn’t free, it’s probably not for beginner retailers unless you have extra costs for this. Pop-ups of related products will appear, and if customers are interested, they can add the product into their cart with just one click. You can also set it to offer more expensive products that they might be interested in.
Features and Benefits of Bold Upsell
- You can customize the widgets to pop-up at anywhere you like or at any stage of a customer’s purchase.
- You can offer up to three upsells.
- Out of stock products will automatically be hidden.
- It is optimized for mobile usage.
- You can also use Bold Upsell with other apps such as Bold Discount and Cashier.
Determining which app is most suitable for you has a lot to do with the amount of traffic your store is receiving. If you’re just starting and have very little traffic, you should opt for the free apps while you gain traction. Once you’re getting some consistent sales, then it would be worth looking into the paid subscription apps that can maximize your profits.
Hi, I am Adam. The founder of this blog Snag Success & many other niche sites.
A lot of the times you will end up saving a ton of money on great products from my blog!
CAN YOU DO ME A SMALL FAVOR?
I’ve put a ton of research & effort writing this blog post to provide you with the best information I can.
It’ll be super helpful if you could consider sharing it on social media networks.
Appreciate It! ♥️