GrooveMail is the tool that you get inside of GrooveFunnels that helps you with your email marketing needs. When GrooveFunnels first launched, GrooveMail wasn’t a part of the overall platform.
The tool was still being developed and it kept getting pushed back because there was a lot of work to be done on it before it became commercially available. However, even after that long wait, their customers were quite satisfied with how the tool turned out.
It has since become a tool that many people are talking about. Therefore, I have put together an article detailing everything there is to know about the tool so that you can see if GrooveFunnels is worth purchasing as a comprehensive software overall.
Just like any other email software out there, GrooveMail is able to handle the same tasks on the same dashboard. Its features are:
- Creating and maintaining mailing lists
- Developing email automation based on user interaction on the email chain
- Send out broadcast emails to all your contacts
- Store up to 10,000 contacts
- Create email sequences
- Check all of your analytics such as views and clicks.
The good thing about using GrooveMail inside of GrooveFunnels is that everything is connected. Therefore, you can manage your email campaigns while also checking on your other marketing activities and analytics through the same dashboard. There is some level of synergy between all the tools on the platform. For example, you can use their scheduling tool – GrooveCalendar to set a meeting up for a later date, and then get GrooveMail to send out an email plus a reminder on selected dates.
However, that is where the similarities start to end between standalone email marketing software and GrooveMail. The above features are standard features that you can find with any email marketing software out there. There is nothing special or anything that stands out with this software that would make you want to use it rather than any other email tool out there.
I have been a member of GrooveFunnels since near the time it launched back in 2019, so I was waiting eagerly for their other tools to drop in the year 2020. However, of all the new tools, I would have to say that GrooveMail wasn’t one that really impressed me.
When compared to other competitors such as MailChimp and Aweber, it is quite basic, doesn’t offer a lot of functionality and it makes the whole process seem less fun than when you use one of those other software.
The tool itself doesn’t have many features and other than the important information, you won’t find much else. Here are some of the things that I didn’t find very impressive:
- You can’t seem to find a button to let you import your contacts on to the tool. This makes it much harder to bring a list that you have already created and use it on the tool.
- When you first open the tool, you are met with a dashboard that will show you some data – Subscribers, opens, and clicks. It is quite a plain-looking dashboard for one thing, but the other is that there is no other information on the page to tell you for which campaign that is, or from which list they got the information from. If it is from all your campaigns, then that information is not very productive, it only serves a visual purpose.
- You are not able to bring in forms/landing pages that you built previously and then use them with this tool. Therefore, all the converting pages and forms will need to be reworked inside of GrooveFunnels which is a hassle and will not always turn out right. I’m guessing this is because they want you to only use GrooveFunnels for everything that you do inside the system.
For the most part, my frustrations with the system come from the fact that it doesn’t have many features and functionality. However, this is most probably because the tool is still in beta, which means that they are still testing out the whole system. It may be too early to judge right now as they may bring in more functionality as time goes on.
Other than that, there is nothing wrong with the tool itself that would warrant that it is technically ‘bad’.
This is a common question that I found about the GrooveFunnels software and individual tools in my research around forums. Many people are curious about trying out this software using the free trial because this is something that almost every software provides for their customers.
However, at this point in time, there are no free trials that are available for any of their tools. Seeing as the tool is still in beta, having that sort of pricing system for each of their tools (over 10!) would be difficult for them to manage.
Right now, to get the tool you would have to purchase one of their packages. This package is the silver package which costs $99 per month for you to use all these tools. Along with GrooveMail, you will also get the following:
- GroovePages – A landing page and website builder. You will get award-winning templates that you can base your website on. This is their best tool hands down and GrooveFunnels has become so popular because of how popular this tool is.
- GrooveSell – Once you have created your landing page, you will need to create ways in your website that will convince the visitor to purchase the product/service. This tool will help you to customize the sales pipeline by editing the checkout page, setting discounts and upsells, setting up recurring payments, and more.
- GrooveAffiliate – You can create an affiliate marketing program for your business using this tool. It gives you a dashboard and all the features you would need to manage your affiliates.
- Free SSL certificates for your website for added security and trustworthiness
- Custom domain integration for three of your websites which are then hosted via their quick amazon servers. You will be given hosting with this package on one of the best web servers out there right now.
When you compare this to software like ClickFunnels, which costs $97 per month to use, you can see that you are getting more out of the same amount of money that you are paying there. Also, there is other email marketing software out there that will be charging you over $100 to get up to 10,000 contacts. Therefore, in terms of value for money, GrooveFunnels really has it going for them with all that they offer.
However, in recent times there has been talk about GrooveFunnels potentially creating free trial versions for each of their tools. There has been nothing confirmed, and we don’t know how long this will take, but there is always a possibility that they might do it in the near future. Seeing as how long they are taking to roll out their pending tools though, it does seem like this will be a long wait for those who don’t want to pay for the whole software.
As a standalone email marketing tool, there is nothing about the tool right now that would catch your eye and make you jump to purchase it.
However, if you are looking for a full digital marketing tool that you can use to run everything about your business online, then the GrooveFunnels suite of tools should work really well for you.
If you just want to try out the system, they have a free account which is really good as you get GroovePages lite, GrooveSell, and GrooveAffiliate for free, which basically means that you can start running a website on that platform. Maybe you will like to use GrooveMail once you are more associated with the rest of the platform.