What are these software that have taken the marketing industry by storm? These two were launched only recently and yet have gone through some of the most exciting and intuitive times in the recent past. For a lot of people who tried these systems, they were blown away by their use and they sure exceeded everyone’s expectations.
If you are here, it’s because you want to know more information about the two, or you are just finding out about them and want to know what the fuss is all about. Either way, I wrote this article to cover all the points that I can about these two systems. I have used them myself and so will have a full review of each of them.
I will be going through everything about the systems, their features, the pricing, and more. Of course, I personally have my own favorite among the two. If you want to know my recommendation, stick around till the end!
Just by looking at the name of these systems, or by a quick look around the online marketing world these days, you will find that ‘funnels’ are a big part of a business’s marketing strategy now.
A funnel is basically the process that a business makes a customer go through to convince them to purchase a product. Businesses will try to break down their whole customer journey into parts and then convince the customer at each point that the product/service they are looking at/reading about is something worth buying for them.
The biggest sales funnel software right now is called Clickfunnels. This software has been around for a long time and has stood the test of time. Because of this, most other new software tends to base themselves on Clickfunnels and even use the word ‘funnels’ in the name. They have built such a brand around that word that using it will tell people exactly what this software does.
What can you do with a sales funnel builder? Well, there are quite a few options available to you such as:
- Create landing pages
- Use existing and proven templates to improve conversions
- Build your own sales pipeline from start to finish
- Customize your own checkout or cart
Also, if your business is looking for sales funnel software, then Clickfunnels is definitely the software you should use. They have perfected what they do over years of experience, and hands down they will be the best you can use. However, they are quite pricey to maintain. Their prices start at $99/month – which is a decent enough price but you won’t have many options to work with through this. If you are really trying to scale and make some big sale numbers through a funnel, then that package just won’t cut it.
Their prices then go up to around $297 per month which includes all their premium options. With this, you can use their software to the full potential but for most freshers or budding entrepreneurs, this is quite an expensive amount to pay for only one software. This is why I think the come up of these new softwares is a good thing for small businesses. You can get similar features for a more affordable charge.
Unlike ClickFunnels, this is a platform that is created with the whole digital marketing journey in mind. It is not limited to only one function, like a funnel, but instead is a fully comprehensive digital marketing arsenal of tools.
It is a software that could be competitors to companies like Kartra and Builderall. Actually, the creator of this software, Mike Filsaime, is the ex co-founder of Kartra. So you know that there is experience and knowledge behind the creation of GrooveFunnels.
DropFunnels is different from GrooveFunnels. Just like ClickFunnels, they are focused on one aspect of marketing which is the sales funnel builder. They have a simple concept and they only offer a funnel builder, landing page creator, and website design.
This system is built around the WordPress platform. So, they are using all of WordPress’s good features and incorporating them into the DropFunnels system. In this way, they didn’t need to create their whole software from scratch and didn’t have to do a full back-end rework. They can now make sure of WordPress’s SEO optimization capabilities, speed of the site, the familiarity of those who use WordPress, and so on.
There is a lot to GrooveFunnels that you can’t see at a glance. They have a whole range of functions that you can use for your business to help improve your digital marketing journey. They have specified that in total, they have condensed 26 different tools into their system for you to use if you purchase their most premium package.
This means that if you were not using GrooveFunnels, then you would need to pay for 26 other tools/software to carry out the same functions as their system can.
Below, I will go through a few of their features and what you can do with them:
- GroovePages – This is the tool that is used to help create your landing pages and build your website. It is done using a simple drag and drop method which is common amongst most website builders these days because of how easy and simple it is to master. You can start creating your landing pages from scratch in any way that you want, or you can use one of their premium award-winning templates that are known to convert.
- GrooveMail – For any successful business, an email marketing strategy is important in order to nurture customers and keep getting new leads. For a small business or new entrepreneurs, it is really important to start building your email lists. And rather than using another software to do this for you, you can use the tool given by GrooveFunnels. This tool lets you set up automated responses to emails, build and segment your email lists, send out a broadcast, and so on. This tool is integrated with all the other tools in the platform and so you can conduct all of your digital marketing campaigns on one dashboard rather than having to switch between multiple software.
- GrooveAffiliate – You can use this tool to create an affiliate marketing program for your business if you want to. In this way, you are able to build the whole program, manage all your affiliates, set commission rates, see all of your analytics, and more. You can do all of this with a few clicks of a button as the system is quite easy to use. Even if you’re not running a business, you can use this tool to become an affiliate and then start promoting the products of others.
- GrooveMember – There are certain types of websites and businesses that offer gated content, subscriptions, or member-only platforms that only the select few can enter. This is to create a luxury service, make sure only paying members come to the site, or even to create different levels of membership to the site. Any way that you want to do this can be done via this tool.
On top of these, there are also other tools that will help you to sell any of your digital products online, run a webinar service, use your website as a blogging content management system like WordPress, or even change your website into something like a helpdesk software that people come to for information or support. There is a lot of freedom with the way you can use their software to carry out your marketing or when building your website.
DropFunnels is not an all-in-one system. It is less complicated and has a lesser number of features when compared to GrooveFunnels, but that doesn’t mean that what they do is not good. It’s great. They have their own strengths, and they are as follows:
- Create an unlimited amount of pages – Most other software similar to DropFunnels always have a cap for how many pages can be created starting from their lowest package. It is only when you buy one of their premium packages that you will get an unlimited number of pages. However, with DropFunnels you can get this right from the start, no matter which package you start off with.
- Create multiple types of websites – Even with DropFunnels you have the option to use your website for many different business ideas. This could be for membership/subscription sites, blogs, courses, and more. You don’t have to stick to a product or e-commerce based store.
- Optimized through WordPress – Because DropFunnels has been built around the WordPress system, you will get a lot of the benefits that come with WordPress. When WordPress first started out, they were only a blogging platform, which then evolved into the content management system it is now. Therefore, there is a lot of focus on making the platform easy for bloggers to use. They also focus a lot on how well your site is optimized for SEO. Both of these are reflected in the DropFunnels page as well.
- Dedicated servers for your website – DropFunnels has always made it a priority to ensure that your websites load fast and so invest in high-quality servers. Whatever website you create with them will be hosted on these fast servers. You will be able to have fast load and response times on the website which means that your bounce rate has the potential to be much lower and you will be able to keep people more engaged on your page and content.
- Customize the checkout process – In a typical website builder/funnel system, there will be set templates for the checkout page and the cart where you will not be able to do much customization. However, with DropFunnels, you can edit everything from start to finish. Using a drop and drop system, you can set how your landing page and every step from there looks.
What I realized was that DropFunnels are not trying to make things overly complicated. They know what their software can do and they are focusing mostly on those aspects. They want to keep things as simple as possible for the masses. The fact that they use WordPress as their template is also representative of this as they did it for convenience and also to allow their users to use a system that they are already familiar with.
By doing this, they will attract a lot of users who are already aware of the WordPress backend and how to use it. Therefore, people won’t be put off by having to learn a new system to use DropFunnels.
For users who are interested in the system and want to try it out, DropFunnels is offering a free trial for 14 days where you will have access to their whole system depending on which package you choose. After this trial period is done, you will have to make the monthly/annual payment to continue using the software. You will also need to include your credit card details at the time of signing up for the account so that the payment will be automatically deducted once the trial period is over.
One thing that your business would need but DropFunnels does not have is an email autoresponder. To get this feature you will have to spend on another software like MailChimp or Aweber and then integrate that software in DropFunnels.
You don’t have a ‘free’ option with DropFunnels but based on reviews and experience, people agree that it is a good alternative to the top sites like ClickFunnels and Kajabi. DropFunnels is mostly recommended for smaller businesses that are just starting out. If your business is around this stage (Earning between $1000 – $6000/month) then DropFunnels will be a good software for you.
GrooveFunnels offers up 3 different pricing packages for their customers, with their lowest starting from $99 per month. However, they do offer a free account as well and it comes with a lot of perks. In my time of reviewing software, I can safely say that I have seldom come across software that gives away free accounts with this many add-ons.
Here is what you will get with the free account:
- An SSL certificate for your website (this basically tells your users that your site can be trusted)
- Custom domain integration to their own Amazon servers – They are basically paying for your hosting on one of the best servers available in the market.
- GroovePages Lite – This is not the full version of their page builder but a limited access version You can still create and build any landing pages and websites, but you will not have access to all of their premium themes which would make the creation of the website so much easier.
- GrooveSell – This is the tool that GrooveFunnels provides for those who want to sell their digital products. They have created the whole system with functions to help you sell those digital products such as adding upsells, discount codes, and more.
- GrooveAffiliate – You will have access to this tool as well. If you are looking to make some money on the side as a newbie, you can get this free account to become an affiliate on this site. You can then use this tool to promote other businesses ’ products and then manage all your data on the software.
All of this will be given to you before you make any payment or even have to enter your card details on the site. As I said, I have seldom come across any other software that would give this much value for free.
However, this is all you get with the free account and you will have to pay for the rest of the tools. They have three other packages and they each come with an increasing number of features. Here they are:
- GrooveFunnels Silver ($99 per month)
- GrooveFunnels Gold ($199 per month)
- GrooveFunnels Platinum ($299 per month)
DropFunnels has a more simple form of packages, that goes in line with the brand. You will have access to all of their tools, regardless of which package you choose. The difference is that each package will have a cap on the amount of traffic you generate to the page.
- Starter package – $49/month – Limit of 10,000 visitors
- Pro package – $149/month – Limit of 150,000 visitors
- Agency package – $297/month – You get up to 10 custom domains because this package is meant for marketing agencies.
Why you should get it:
- You can get started for free with their free account before you decide to pay for their package
- You have more flexibility with what type of website you want to run
Why you shouldn’t get it:
- It can be a bit expensive for the average users
- Focus is mainly on their page builder. The other tools are not as great as this.
- No integration with other popular sites like WordPress.
Why you should get it:
- It is quite cheap and simple to use for anybody
- Built on WordPress so is familiar and has all the advantages of WordPress too
- No matter which plans you pick, you will still get all of their available tools
Why you shouldn’t get it:
- The quality of the software is not as good as GrooveFunnels. It also does not look very up-to-date and modern.
- You will need to include your card details to even get the free trial
- Your traffic and hosting options are limited due to the restrictions in place
- Their page builder tool can be difficult to use at times.
Based on what I have written so far, I think you can see that I am biased towards one which is GrooveFunnels. I have used this software and I think their whole business model is really good.
They offer a ton of value for their free account and just in terms of their features and functions, they offer so much more for the average user than most other similar software.
If you are looking to get one of these two, I would highly recommend getting GrooveFunnels. However, there is nothing wrong with DropFunnels either, and if you would rather go with that, then I am sure it will serve its purpose too!